Friday, January 6, 2012

Where you can purchase Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in St. Louis

The only thing missing today was the sound of lawn mowers! It was in the 60's in St. Louis and let me just say...it was awesome. I started my day at my new favorite store:

For those of you in St. Louis, Wood Icing is at Chesterfield Mall
on the second floor near Sears

I thought I knew what I was going to get, until I went in....I wanted them all!




I finally decided on Old White, Louis Blue and a sample pot of Graphite. I would have gotten the bigger size, but I told myself I was only going to get 2 colors, so I had to compromise :-)

I painted a shabby headboard today and I will post pictures tomorrow. The lighting just wasn't good and I wanted my first chalk paint piece to look great. 
I do LOVE the paint (but I knew I would). It was so easy to apply and sand. The finish is SO smooth and looks great waxed. I used Minwax finishing wax only because, again, I had to compromise. But it still looks and feels amazing! Can't wait to show it off!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. You just made my night! I didn't know we had a chalk paint stockist in the area! Best news ever! I ran out of Old White and was dreading paying shipping on more. Yay!

    Dana at craftedniche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the results. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I still haven't tried this because I refuse to pay the high shipping costs ;-) It's my line in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jill, thank you so much. I am the owner of Wood Icing and had no idea you had posted this until my daughter/partner Heather forwarded it to me. I love your story and your blog. It's so wonderful that you have found a new passion while being a stay at home mom. A wonderfull way to combine family and to stay conncected with the rest of the world. Also another way to continue to beautify your home on a single income, which is not an easy thing to acheive these days. Thanks so much for sharing and please stop into see Heather and I, we would love to share ideas with you. We try to be together at the studio on Thursdays. Hope to see you soon at Wood Icing, Rose Wilde

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews