Tuesday, August 23, 2011

GOTTA LOVE PINK! {painting a chest of drawers}

Share it Please
Just wanted to give a quick post about what I've been up to the last few days. We are getting ready to move so instead of trying to take everything, I thought I would make a few things look cute and try to sell them. I have this chest of drawers that were not being used (I didn't take before pictures, but just light wood....you can picture it) and I had just purchased a paint sprayer that I wanted to try out on something small (er). I plan to paint my dining room table and if you never see a post on that, you know I chickened out! But....it worked great on the chest of drawers!






I first sanded a little all over, then primed it and another light sanding. Sprayed 2 coats of the pink with my new sprayer (nothing fancy) and it was so quick, I loved it! I also sprayed the insides, mostly because I didn't want to tape. I did a light distressing on the edges and waxed  the with Minwax finishing paste and on the insides of the drawers I sprayed clear satin top coat. I spray painted the knobs black and tada...Pretty in Pink chest of drawers. I should name her Molly! 

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews